So that means that a hypnotist gave somebody a suggestion… such as when you hear this piece of music you’ll start dancing like Madonna… (it wasn't that by the way, that’s just an example, I have no idea what the suggestion was) then… 21 years later, the music was played and the subject started dancing like Madonna!!!
That’s pretty impressive!
I’ve been a stage hypnotist and a hypnotherapist for over 20 years and have used post hypnotic suggestions lots, as all hypnotists do. In therapy you want them to last forever. And I completely believe that they do…. however, there is a caveat:
Why do PHS’s sometimes NOT last forever?
I think this comes down to a few reasons. But these 3 are probably the most important…
- The skill of the hypnotist.
- The Suggestibility of the subject.
- Conflicting suggestions (This is the important one!)
Most people spend half of their day in some level of trance. You certainly don’t need a hypnotist for that. Your phone will do. Or the glowing embers of an open fire. Or a boring lecture. Or a good book…. you get the idea.
Anyway, my point is we are often in a suggestible state.
When our minds are open to suggestion, we can accept a command that conflicts with our previous accepted PHS.
Other factors can also influence this. Such as fear, shock, authoritarian figures, peer pressure, social conformity, repetition etc.
Once an idea or belief is accepted at a subconscious level (even if it’s put there by a hypnotist) it can still be changed, without the need of hypnosis. For instance… almost every child believes in Santa Claus. But hardly any adults do. But have you ever heard of anybody that needed to be hypnotised to stop believing?
A “FUTURE LIFE” hypnosis experiment I’d love to do
When I read about the PHS that had been tested over 21 years it got me thinking… is there ANY limit? What about giving a PHS today and not triggering it until the subjects NEXT life?
I was toying with the idea of visiting some pretty sick people and giving them some suggestions that they’d do something when they reach a certain age, in their next life. Like calling up a number to tell me a code I’d given them or something like that.
I didn’t do it. But I was actually considering doing this about 27 years ago when I was 18 and working as a stage hypnotist. So if I had I might already have some results. Damnnnn Procrastination!!!
It would certainly be a very interesting experiment.
In conclusion… I’d say the hypnosis is fascinating. And this is just one area that would be very interesting to experiment with. I love doing off the wall hypnotic experiments and have had a lot of fun with it over the years.
If you’d like to learn hypnosis I can teach you. I provide a completely free course. Pop over to my website at freehypnosislessons.com to see what my students have to say and sign up for my 100% free hypnosis course.
You'll love it. I promise!
P.S. Are you Dying Soon?
If anybody IS about to die, would you be interested in partaking in a little experiment for me? ;)
Thanks!
Oh…. if you'd like to know how long the trace state itself lasts, then that’s a totally different answer. Without guidance, maybe an hour at tops. It’s a bit like feeling snoozy then either going to sleep or getting on with whatever. If a hypnotist hypnotises you and then sneaks off you’ll wake up if you need to pee (or poo!) get bored, get too tired and fall asleep, get distracted or shocked etc. etc. etc.
Think of hypnosis like meditation, it’s hard to stay in a meditative state for a long time. A hypnotist (or hypnotic recording) is like having a coach that helps to keep you in that state by saying the right things. When they’ve gone it’s not easy to stay there for much longer by yourself. Unless you’re a kick-ass monk.
No comments:
Post a Comment